It’s that time at work again. You just put in four hours of work, and you realize your stomach has been grumbling for the past hour. Some days you might have a granola bar on hand, or maybe you have a few dollars to visit the vending machine. Either way, you always find yourself hungry and wanting more after a hurried lunch. Eating a healthy, portioned lunch will leave you energized and ready to tackle the rest of the work day. That’s why we put together three healthy lunches you can pack ahead of time and eat on the go with our containers. Our lunch boxes make packing lunch a breeze!
Chopped Chicken Salad
A chopped chicken salad is packed with protein and vegetables and will leave you refreshed after lunch. Not only is it healthy, but it’s easy to prepare in a hurry.
- Cooked chicken (you can use a Rotisserie chicken for added convenience)
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onions
- Salad Dressing of Choice
- Chop up all of your ingredients to your size preference. If you like a more blended and incorporated salad, cut your ingredients into smaller pieces. If you like a chunkier salad (or you’re in a hurry), cut your chicken and vegetables into bigger pieces.
- Toss your salad with all of the ingredients except the salad dressing. Put your salad in our bento lunch box. Add your dressing on the other side of the divider so your salad doesn’t get soggy throughout the day.
If you like to snack throughout the day or work through your lunch, a hummus platter is the perfect lunch option for you. You can even customize it to include your favorite vegetables and hummus flavor.
- Pita Chips or Pita Bread
- Vegetables of Choice (cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, celery, etc.)
*You can also add chicken, nuts, olives, or fruit. Add according to your preference.
- Simply prepare your vegetables. Place the pita and vegetables on one side of the container, and add your hummus to the other side of the divider.
- Happy snacking!
Tuna Salad with Crackers
Slept through your alarm? This is a fast lunch you can prepare on your way out the door to work. Buy your favorite prepared tuna salad, and you have lunch!
- Prepared Tuna Salad
- Crackers of Choice
- Chopped Vegetables (Optional)
- Add your prepared tuna salad to one side of the container and your crackers to the other. This prevents your crackers from getting soggy before lunch!
These healthy, quick, and simple lunch recipes will keep you away from the vending machine while leaving you full and energized. Happy eating!